Wednesday, February 3, 2010

New Duck Hunting Generation

It's tough living away from your family, but thank God for cameras, computers, internet, and email!  And just like any proud Aunt would do, I have to brag on my nephew! Him and his dad (my brother) got their first mallard Sunday!  I didn't think someone made waders that small, but they do!  The look on my nephew's face is priceless and an image of a true DUCK HUNTER!

Ever since my nephew was born, he has been influenced by his parents, me and my husband, and other family members.  We have surrounded him with duck calls, duck toys, camoflauge, and his latest Christmas present was a camoflauge hunting vest. Yep! A cute, small one to fit him so he can retrieve the birds for his dad!  I can't be more proud of him and his excitement for the outdoors!  He's only four years old and he can use a duck call better than I can! And get this:  his first word was "quack."  It's so awesome to see my brother teaching him and preparing him for the new duck hunting generation that is to come.

I'm so thankful that God has blessed us with the freedom to hunt, fish, and enjoy the great outdoors, not only as individuals, but as family.  I thank God for my brothers' influence on me when I was a little girl.  I didn't do much hunting, but fishing was our favorite thing to do.  Since my brothers have grown and began their own families, my husband has influenced me with a love for hunting.  Most of our dates are spent either in the woods hunting or on the boat fishing. As I have grown to love the outdoors more and more each year, I truly hope that I have a positive impact on my neices and nephews on what hunting and fishing is all about.

When I see these pictures of my nephew, it makes me smile, laugh, and thank God my nephew is in my life.  I'm sure you, too, have these moments.  The moments that make you proud and thankful. And you just can't help but brag on 'em!!


  
 

1 comment:

Terry Scoville said...

What a great story and such a cutie! I see the future of waterfowling will be in good hands. I'd be braggin' a bit too.